Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kiddie Health Update

It's been quite a while since my last post, but I'm happy to report both kids are doing well. My son was suffering from teething (four molars breaking simultaneously) and persistent sinusitis. Thankfully, both have cleared up and (for now anyway), no more fights with inhalers.

My daughter, now five months, is the picture of health and patience. She's eating well, sleeping well (finally!!!) and limits her fussy time to my son's nap time. It's amazing how quiet and observant she will be when my nearly two-year old throws tantrums. My husband and I almost have to remind ourselves she's right over there. Of course, she makes up for this later, through insisting on being held and bounced. We don't mind at all.

Her spit-up is getting better, but still here. We weren't sure the Zantac was working until we ran out and the pharmacy refused to refill the prescription for another two days (yes, two days...don't they account for spillage when the little monkey pins her lips shut!?!?!). Anyway, now we know it works and have since begain putting her medicine in her milk. When she's thirsty enough, she ignores the added flavor.

All in all, it's been a great few months. No complaints. Amen.

No comments: