Monday, February 15, 2010

Today Was A Good Day

Today was a good day. Especially considering the night we had. Our daughter, perhaps out of exhaustion, illness or definance, decided not to cooperate during her evening meal. She worked herself up and brought everything up...twice. It was very frustrating. Especially since my husband and I feared the lack of an evening meal would keep her up at night when we desperately needed sleep. Around 8:30 when she finally calmed down and was all cleaned up, we decided to give her a bottle and braced ourselves for a long night.

Thankfully she slept until 3am. She took another bottle and was back asleep by 3:30. My darling husband, bless his heart, took this shift. Later, he slept in while I cared for our son at exactly 6:18am.

Determined to get them out of the house for a bit, we braved the cold and ran some errands. They especially enjoyed the mad dash in Wal*Mart to pick up a few quick essentials. And as always, our son pointed out trucks and helicopters along the way. He even got the colors right every so often.

Once home, it was meal time for our daughter again. O boy. To my pleasant surprise, she ate without fussing or spitting or kicking. (Yes, God does answer prayer.) Then promptly at 12, I was able to put both down for a nap without incident.

Now I find myself with some free time and I'm not sure what to do. There are dishes to be done, toys to be put away, a master bath to clean, pictures to send to grandma and sheets to change. Perhaps I ought to get on those things and pray this afternoon goes equally well.

No comments: