Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mi Familia

I don't say it nearly often enough, so here it is in print for the world to see...I really appreciate my family and my in-law family. We're by no means perfect, but somehow there's synergy.

It's been a really busy year for us and from time to time I've been a little overwhelmed. So my Mom came for a visit over the Easter to help out with the kids. The DH and I were able to go out without worrying about racking up a babysitter's tab, and we got to sleep in, which if you have kids will understand how priceless that is. I got to work on a few projects around the house and in the yard, which finally enabled me to cross things off my ancient to-do list.

For the next few weeks my mother-in-law is here. In years past her constant cleaning always made me feel like a bad homemaker. But this year, I'm actually looking forward to it - especially after our mini renovation. And I really appreciate her jet-lagged-defying-cleaning-spree less than 24 hours of being here to help us get ready for our friends today. (See http://hopefulinalabama.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-my-home-back.html ) Maybe by the time she's gone, I can trash that to-do list that's been nagging me so.

My Dad plans to come later this year. And while he's not known for cleaning, he loves to cook and can play as hard as the kids all day, every day. Needless to say when he's here, the kids sleep well and ipso facto the DH and I sleep well. My husband's aunt who can't make the cross-Atlantic trip anymore is also very supportive and spoils her grand niece and nephew. Then there's my brother...what can I say other than he'll entertain the kids on the phone if I need an extra five-minutes to get dinner to the table.

I love you guys and hope to see more of you in 2011.

No comments: