Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day Three

I have to say, our three-hour drive to Atlanta went really smoothly. The kids were as excited about the road trip as we were.

After settling into the hotel, we stopped by the mall to kill time while waiting for a friend of ours. We were there for about 1.5 hours and 1 hour 15 minutes of that went well. My two-year old daughter did not want to leave the play area and had a full blown meltdown. Of course, were were parked on the other side of Perimeter Mall, and had to walk through two department stores and all of the interior with my husband wrestling to carry her out. After failing to reason with her, he had to spank her twice (the wailing increased ten-fold) and he was forced to raise his voice at least once. Once she was settled into the car and got her sippy cup, she calmed down and was our adorable princess for the rest of the day.

As for me, I don't recall shouting at the kids at all. How's that for progress?!?

With our friend babysitting the munchkins, my very dapper DH and I spent a lovely evening at a Consulate party. Wonderful end to a mostly awesome day.

No comments: