Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Together Forever

Before I even became a Mom, I dreamt of up snuggling up on the sofa with my children watching the classic Christmas cartoons e.g. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Frosty Returns, etc., I enjoyed as a child. And last weekend, we did just that. What an enjoyable experience!

In the middle of Rudolph, my nearly four-year old son grew afraid of the Abominable Snowman. My two-year old daughter began patting him on the back whispering, "It's ok. Don't be scared.". My son then lay his head in her lap and she began stroking his head and continued to soothe him. It was beautiful. The DH and I just kept back and watched this scene unfold. We were speechless.

With two kids under the age of four, I witness my share of fights, sibling rivalry and meltdowns. But I also witness an equal share of protective behavior, compassion and love. Sometimes all in the same day. Truly, never a dull moment.

I don't know if anything can top this as a Christmas present.

No comments: