Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pillowcase Dresses Galore

I've always admired pillowcase dresses, but balk at the $45+ price tags, since my little tomboy will either outgrow or destroy them before I can balance the checkbook at the end of the month. But, I like my little girl to look...well...girly on occassion, so I decided to learn how to sew them.

There are many online tutorials which make the process seem way more complicated than it needs to be. I am an amatuer seamstress after all. Then, I came across this site, which didn't intimidate me, and a pillowcase-dress-making-monster was born.

Check out some of my handiwork and let me know what you think!


This pink fabric is from Bahama Hand Prints. It is a handmade batik fabric made in The Bahamas.


Even bandanas made great pillowcase dresses. When it's too short for my baby girl to wear as a dress, she can use it as a top.


This one is for my little girl to wear at her big brother's upcoming 4th birthday party. Can you guess the theme? Ka-Chow!

1 comment: