Thursday, May 21, 2015

The days are long but the years are short.

I can hardly believe how quickly my kids are growing. Earlier in the week my daughter graduated from kindergarten, and my son had his first grade end of year awards program. Both did very well and I am so incredibly proud of them. But I can't help but wonder where the time went.

Gretchen Rubin coined the phrase, "The days are long but the years are short." Parents of young children know this all too well. A good example is getting school-aged children ready for bed. You want nothing more than them settled in to have a moment's peace, while they're stalling and working your last nerve. Then you blink and your baby has graduated kindergarten.

Parenting is not the easiest job but it is the most rewarding. In this fleeting moment, I pray for the quality time with Stinky and Blinky they crave and deserve, the patience to love and discipline with grace, and lasting sanity on the days I forget the previous two.

No comments: