Monday, July 27, 2015

The Little Mermaid and Quotes of the Week

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/11958/p11958_p_v7_aa.jpg

This past weekend, we went to see The Little Mermaid at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival (ASF). What fun! ASF did an excellent job on bringing this story to life. I imagine it was no easy feat making Ariel look as though she were swimming, navigating Eric's ship on stage and recreating song and dance sequences like Kiss the Girl and Under the Sea. By far, my favorite character was Sebastian for lots of reasons. I think the actor who played him and I would be great friends in real life.

Another aspect of the play I was very impressed with was the diverse cast and production crew. Well done ASF! Let's see more of that!

But perhaps the most memorable moment for me was these three one-liners expertly delivered by my very own family in rapid succession:

Blinky McStinky: "He's dressed like Eric, but he's not handsome like Eric."

Stinky Marinky: "I'm here to see Eric kill Ursula."

The DH: "Can we go to Red Lobster after this?"

Regular comedians this bunch.

No comments: