Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Battle Weary

http://www.x-raytechnicianschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/germs.jpg

Last weekend, Stinky Marinky and his cub scout group spent the night at the USS Alabama in Mobile. BEST.TRIP.EVER. But my little cub came home with a super dose of gastroenteritis. Its been a long few days.

I think we're finally at the end. However, we are not without our battle scars. Poor thing is only as big as a minute so the diarrhea and occasional vomiting has taken its toll. Today is the third day of school that Stinky has missed which means there will be a lot of catch up when he goes back. While the last two nights have been restful, the previous two sleepless nights still have the DH and I exhausted. As I'm employed part-time, I can't draw from vacation / sick days to cover the time I missed at work. And poor Blinky McStinky, who has been fine until this morning, is growing wearing of not having Mommy and Daddy's attention.

Still, things could be worse so I have to remind myself to be thankful about that. Hopefully tomorrow will being health and wealth and happiness.

On a side note, please be reminded of these behaviors that can help prevent you from getting sick and curb the spread of such illnesses:

  • Wash your hands regularly, especially before eating and being in crowded places or among sick individuals.
  • Keep dirty fingers out of your mouth, eye and nose. (I wish Stinky had remembered this one!)
  • Get sufficient rest every night.
  • And for goodness sakes, get your flu shot! (FYI, totally unrelated to stomach flu.)

No comments: