Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Halloween Costumes

So my kids are gaga for the new Disney's Descendants and the video game Minecraft so of course Blinky and Stinky want to be Evie and Steve, respectively, for Halloween. Apparently so must a lot of other kids because these costumes are super expensive.

We did find a $20 version of Evie's dress at walmart.com however it was sold out in all the major cities in Alabama. Luckily the DH had business in Atlanta, where a 4-6X was still available. We paid for it online and he was able to pick it up in store. It's a little snug in the arms so Blinky won't get a whole lot of use from it but she will have her Evie costume for Halloween, and I didn't have to fork over $60+ for it.

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/au_gallery_dsc_evilfashion_evie2_3342e410.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1580%2C880
Evie from Descendants

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Descendant-s-Evie-Classic-Child-Halloween-Costume/44899946
Walmart's version
 
Stinky's costume actually consists of four separate pieces: a box head, pick-axe, sword and turquoise shirt.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0c/83/3c/0c833cdedce4f652c5dcf450701d4934.jpg
Microsoft's version
 
I found an online tutorial for the pick-axe, sword and head. I opted to make the pick-axe and sword (see my awesome creations below) but ordered the head and shirt from amazon.




 
This project was very time consuming but I think it turned out quite nicely. Had I known it was a lot less intimidating than I thought, I might have attempted to make the head too.
 
Who do your little ones want to be for Halloween?

No comments: