Monday, November 16, 2015

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I honestly believe the world in which we live has gone mad. If you've watched the news lately, you'll understand why. #Paris, #Lebanon, #Kenya, #BlackLivesMatter, where does it end? As I pour over facebook news and opinions, hatred for our fellow man has never been more apparent, thus ensuring the continuation of the vicious cycle.

As foreign implants here, the DH and I see and understand both sides of the argument, but we are of the opinion that we are in no position to hate or judge anyone. Sound radical? Around here, you bet.

What I hope to teach my children in the midst of this storm comes from 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18:

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

It is a lesson I pray will stay with them as they grow older. That no matter what they are facing in life, they can face it head on with the knowledge that God is with them.

Blogger's Note:
I pray for Paris, but I also pray for world; the inequity, the injustice and the hate that consumes it. May we leave this world a better place for our children.

No comments: