Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Quote of the Week

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9f/fd/cb/9ffdcbd408be44133aaa08ed770c8a01.jpg

So I've been threatening to send the kids to their great-grandmother's in Long Island for a week next summer when they're bratty. That sorts them out right quick as they know all the struggles she's facing trying to recover from Hurricane Joaquin earlier this year. Case in point, electricity has still not yet been restored on the island, which means no x-box, night light or air conditioning. The horror!

While playing together the other night, I overheard this:

Blinky: "Stinky, you know how Mom's been saying we have to go to Long Island?
Stinky: "Uh-huh."
Blinky: I'm really worried about that."
Stinky: "Don't worry, I'll take care of you."

My two may fight like cats and dogs but with that one exchange, I know they will always be there for each other. I am so grateful I got to witness that.

No comments: