Monday, January 4, 2016

2016


Was 2015 a blur for anyone else? I don't typically make New Year's resolutions because I usually forget about them after January. However, I have decided to work on achieving a few goals in 2016. Here goes:

  1. Try to be more patient with the kids for the years are going by way to quickly. While Stinky does require more discipline than Blinky, I want to work toward having more tender moments with both kiddos.
  2. Appreciate what the DH is able to do around the house. The DH has a pretty demanding job and works harder than anyone I know. His job enables me to work part-time to better take care of our family. So even when the kids are running amok and avoiding homework, there is dog poop on the carpet, dinner is burning, the laundry is piled up and I am about the lose my mind, I really will try to remember that he does make breakfast. :)
  3. Try to keep clutter to a minimum. I've already started cleaning out and donating unused items. As long as I stay on track, and not accumulate new junk, I should be ok.
  4. Incorporate daily exercise into my daily routine. A little over a year ago, I was a size 4. Since then, I've gained about 12 pounds, mooned my fellow church members when my too-tight dress split and retired several outfits that sadly no longer fit. I blame age, but suspect it has more to do with my lack of exercise. I want to change that.
  5. Focus on the positive. I know this will be challenging. I consider myself a pragmatist. I work with the cards I've been dealt and tend not to sugarcoat anything, even with the kids. So living / working in the deep South, in an election year, yeah, I have my work cut out for me.
Whichever route you choose, resolutions or goals, good luck!

1 comment:

swtorfast said...

Nice one ! i like it,Thanks for sharing..

If you are interested to learn more, you can go to our website:www.swtorfast.com