Monday, March 21, 2016

He Is Risen

My sole decorative item for Easter is this chalkboard art piece in our laundry room.


Usually I decorate the yard with eggs and bunnies, but the holiday crept up on me. I simply ran out of time. But that's ok since I think this one piece is more symbolic of Easter than anything else I would have put out.

This Sunday is also my turn to teach Children's Church. I found a booklet I would like to make with the kids but it doesn't seem sufficient to fill 40 minutes. That got me hunting for simple crafts when I came across this:

http://lehmanlane.net/easter-mantel-simple-cross-craft/
 
I think the boys especially would enjoy making crosses out of twigs and twine. It's simple but to the point and requires absolutely zero wood working skills on my part. I figure I may even make a few with my own kids to adorn the mantle at home.
 
That got me hunting for other rustic Easter cross ideas. All of the pictures below are sourced from Pinterest.
 





If you have any other ideas, I would love to hear from you.

Have a safe and very happy Easter! And remember, He is Risen!!
 
 

No comments: