Monday, October 24, 2016

Ready for Halloween!

Because I hate duplicating work, I typically decorate my porch for fall with a few Halloween treats thrown in for good measure. However this year I thought I'd make more of a Halloween effort.

 
 
The smaller pumpkin at the bottom is the sole pumpkin that I was able to grow and wrote about here.
 

 
Like my old woman who lives in a shoe? Get it?!?
 
 



This year we're going along with the Teal Pumpkin Project, providing non-candy treats to children with food allergies (and helicopter moms like me who viciously monitor their kids' sweet intake).


 
And what decorated porch would be complete this time of year without the requisite chrysanthemum? I was given this gorgeous yellow-bloom one by a dear friend, only to have the poor thing dry up on me. And not for lack of watering! The mum is planted in straight peat moss, which enabled it to grow massively but dries out literally overnight. I missed a day and...no more blooms.
 

I've saved the plant by dumping massive amounts of water on it, but won't be able to get it to bloom any more this year. Womp. Womp.

In any event, this is how my porch will look for the next week, then with a few switches, it will be all about fall.

 

No comments: