Friday, February 3, 2017

Valentine's Day is for Lovers

Yes, Valentine's Day is for lovers. Young lovers with dual incomes and no children. Parents of school-aged children have zero time for long, romantic dinners at overcrowded and overpriced restaurants. I can't even find time for a luxurious, uninterrupted bath. And when it falls on a school night, well, are we even required to acknowledge it?

But I do enjoy a reason to add festive touches around the house:

My clearance mini Christmas trees got a makeover with felt heart stickers.


A Dollar Tree banner was deconstructed and redone to hang over the fireplace. I forgot to take a before picture, but it used to hang vertically. I like this look much better.


I painted this heart door hangar last year. Finally get to use it!


Another Dollar Tree find. Not entirely sure what these are, but I always hang them off flower pots since the legs are cloth and therefore moveable.


Very likely the only thing we'll be doing next Tuesday evening is homework, ballet and karate. However, we purchased an outdoor movie screen and projector that I am dying to break in. I'm thinking next weekend, we'll have a family Valentine movie night under the stars with take out and lots of chocolate. Just the way I like it.

No comments: